Dec 12, 2011

Alla Prima, Painting Final

Here's my final painting for the semester (taken with my phone, sorry for the poor quality (again...)


We came to class today with our canvas already stretched over the weekend, and when she let us into the room, we had to pick a still life out of the 5 or 6 she had set up, make 5 thumb-nail sketches, a value sketch, a sketch on the canvas and then paint, paint, PAINT.
All in three hours.
Oye.

Well, based on the short amount of time, I'm pretty happy with this piece!  I think I like it better than most of my other paintings this semester, haha
I have some things to fix, but once it's a little more dry I can do that rather quickly.  I need to add more shadows, add some of the blues to the other side of the canvas a little (in the shadow of the fabric), pull the foreground up in value, and get the hues within the different fruit to differentiate more.
Feedback welcome!

.

No comments: