Jul 25, 2009

"Artists Are Among Us"





I recently entered an art competition for the County residents who are over 18 years of age (or 18, like me!).  This exhibit is entitled Artists Are Among Us.  Artists can only submit two pieces but may use any media they want.  The pieces must also have been made within the past two years.  Anyway, the deadline was yesterday an I will find out if I got either of my pieces (pictured) into the show on the 31st.  If I did get my pieces in then I will have to deliver them--framed and matted--to the Padzieksi Art Gallery on the 8th of September.  The show will then open 2 days later and then close on the 17th--I will be at the Arborshire for the entire time and will not be able to see the show. 
I was required to make both of my pieces available for sale.  That was a little hard, I did not really want to do that.  THe chances of any of my pieces being selected for purchase is slim-to-none, but the idea still gets to me.  I work hard on my art and don't always want to give it away--or even sell it!  I priced African Safari at $75.  I don't think anyone is crazy enough to want that thing, but it did take a lot of time and effort.  My Glass Bottles (bad title but it was last minute) I put for $600.  I really don't want that one to go--I love it and spent over 24 hours on it!  But it's not THAT good, so I think it's safe at $600! haha
...I should have put a higher price tag on it...

I will update this post when I find out if either of my pieces made it or not

Updated: July 29, 2009
My Glass Bottles piece made it into the show!  I'm so excited!  Not surprised that my other piece didn't make it but I still would have liked to have both in. HURRAY!

No comments: