Jul 30, 2009

I'm Completely Captivated

I've been reading, Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul, this week.  I am REALLY enjoying it!  Just knowing that the longings and desires that I have had ever since I was a little girl are God planted is an encouragement.  Like most girls, I dreamed of a knight in shinning armor coming to my rescue--saving me from the evil that was holds me captive. (I still get excited at the idea)  Someone who will delight in me, and love me.
I've found the Prince that I've longed to know, love, and adore.  Jesus: my Prince, my King, my God.  He doesn't only love me like as daughter (like I've always thought of it), but as a lover too.  I am someone He longs to be with and to rescue (and He has rescued me)!  Who could ask for more?  I don't need (or even want) another at this point. Who could love me like He does???  
This is just a brief summary of a single chapter - I have been on cloud 9 ever since reading it though!  I am able to re-visit areas in life that I have grown numb too.  The beauty that I find all around me is an example of God's love for me.  He sends me "notes" and "hugs" through the little things that He knows I love: like color, light, textures, sounds, etc. -- I went for a walk this morning and just enjoyed His presence and creation! (photo)

While I've known some of this for a long time, a switch has really gone off in my head.  I needed this, and I LOVE knowing that God loves me so much!

No comments: